Sunday, October 4, 2015

Pau Kee Restaurant | Ipoh Hor Fun

Lunch downtown.

Very rarely do I travel to downtown KL considering the distance from where I live so if I do go that way, most of the time, I'd make sure that I try something new (new to me that is :p). So this time while otw home from Jln Tun Razak, I decided to head to Pau Kee (Jln Imbi) for their Ipoh Hor Fun with mum. A friend once told me that their hor fun is popular and that his family and him loved it till this day. So I thought I'd give it a try :)

Got there around 11am-ish just in time for brunch. The place wasn't crowded so it was perfect, just before the lunch crowd swarms in :)


Signature Ipoh Sar Hor Fun 

Fresh Prawn Q Wanton

Sar Hor Fun with Dry Sauce (noodles changed to yellow wantan mee)




Verdict: I'm usually not a fan of Ipoh Hor Fun but I must say this broth is pretty tasty and their prawns in the wanton was really fresh. Like really fresh and crunchy! Pricing is not stated in their menu which is pasted all over the shop. There is only board outside that states "Small - RM6.00, Medium - RM7.00 and Large - RM8.00. Our total came to RM23.90 including drinks (Teh Ice & Cold Chrysanthemum). So we're assuming that our noodles are RM6.00 each and the prawn wanton is RM8.00 (10pcs). Our assumption should be about right, plus minus a dollar or two.

Tips: Parking in KL area can be pricey ranging from RM5 - RM12 (depending on location) per entry. So try to find those public road side parking that only charges RM0.80 and hour with the meter. Make sure you DO NOT park in a spot that has no proper parking box marking, you'd be fined by the DBKL (KL City Council). Witnessed one when I was eating there.


Restoran Pau Kee
7.30am - 7.30pm daily (closed on Tuesdays)
10, Jalan Utara, Off Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur (not far from Honda showroom)



** This is not a paid promo/review

No comments:

Post a Comment